Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Harris Teeter just emailed their ad for this week. These are the best deals!!!
HT Brand Cola .69 (WalMart's price for their soda .77)
Lay's Potato Chips 1.77 (WalMart's price is 2.00 normally)
32oz CoffeeMate creamer 2.50 each (3.12 is WalMart's usual price)
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Have you stocked up on your Xmas essentials for next year?
This time of year is a great time to grab the usual Xmas supplies. From Xmas cards and decorations to lights and wrapping paper, many stores are looking to clear these items out of their stores.
Hints to finding the best Xmas deals:
1. Go to stores that are not as busy. Many of these stores are likely to have Xmas extras that they need to clear out of their stores. Generally, Kmart is not as busy as the Wal*Mart and may have a greater selection of inventory with greater discounts.
2. Don't just limit yourself to the Wal*Mart type large box retailers. Smaller stores such as Office Depot and Staples carry xmas supplies. These stores are normally not on most people's lists when it comes to stocking up on xmas essentials. Just like the larger retailers, they also need to clear out their inventory and may offer discounts. Even smaller and local stores may be looking to clear out excess inventory!
Sunday, December 26, 2010
BestBuy.com has a great deal on an Insignia Infocast 8" Internet Media Display. This product is normally 169.99, and is on sale for 67.99 (a savings of 102.00!!!)
Although the Insignia Infocast does not have all the functionality of an Ipad, it does allow you to take the internet with you (wherever there is wifi) to view the basics like news and weather.
The link to the product can be found here:
Special thanks to bfads.net for the deal!
If you would like to submit a deal to be placed on PennyPinchingPaul, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org! I will attach your first name to the bottom of the post!
Happy Day After Xmas!!!!
There is a good deal on Newegg.com that might be worth checking out. Newegg has a Garmin Nuvi 205w that is normally 140.00 for 80.00. The instant savings is 50.00 not including an additional 10.00 savings with the code BMLGPS. This code expires on 12/28.
As a Garmin Nuvi 205 user, I can most definitely recommend this product! It is great for road navigation as well as geocaching!
Special thanks to Gregory M. for the deal!
Thursday, December 23, 2010
I was watching WFMY News 2's Deals of the Day segment and thought this one was worth sharing. If you are looking for a last minute shopping gift, Hanes Mall and Friendly Shopping Center have a website that allow you to print off coupons. Several of these coupons are good through the 24th, and some are valid even longer! The links are below.
Friendly Shopping Center
A special thanks to WFMY News 2 for the information!
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
I was informed by a co-worker today that Restaurant.com is having a special that will make a 25.00 gift card 2.00!!!! Restaurant.com is a website that allows you to get a 25.00 gift card for 10.00 or 50.00 for 25.00. There is a code to enter to allow you to save 80% on the amount you pay!
Here is how to get it...
1. Go to Restaurant.com
2. Type in your zip code
3. Select the restaurant
4. When you are going to check out, enter the code HOLIDAY and you will receive an 80% discount on the gift card
(NOTE: SOME OF THE GIFT CARDS HAVE MINIMUM PURCHASING GUIDELINES! PLEASE READ THE FINE PRINT BEFORE YOU PURCHASE!)
A special thanks to Monica who pointed out this awesome deal!!!!
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Aimee does not enjoy coffee as much as I do, and prefers to obtain her daily dose of caffeine via soft drinks. For the last year or so, we have been looking out for well priced soda. We have several tips that should help you get your soda fix cheaply!
1. Purchase 2-Liter Bottles: I know these are not as convenient as the cans or the bottles, but if you can handle taking your morning soda in a travel mug as opposed to the bottle this will save you money! The two-liter bottles (on a per ounce basis) are the least expensive way the get your cola.
2. Store Brands: To some people purchasing anything but the name brand may be a non-negotiable, but for those who cant tell much of a difference, the store brand of soda may be a viable option. The Wal*Mart brand of Dr. Pepper (aka Dr. Thunder) can be up to $0.70 cheaper compared to it's name brand cousin. Generally, (of course it depends on specific store) the Wal*Mart brand of any form of soda is between $0.66 and $0.77 per two-liter bottle.
3. Stock-up if Under $1.00!: If you can find a sale on the two-liter bottles of soda that makes them 1.00 or less, go ahead and stock up on those products. Aimee and I will purchase five or six two-liter bottles and keep them in the pantry.
4. Take Advantage of Reward Programs: Coca-Cola has a rewards program (www.mycokerewards.com) where you can enter the code on the cap and redeem prizes. If you have to buy soda and if coke is on sale and priced the same as Pepsi we suggest you purchase Coca-Cola products. Aimee and I do not have a taste preference for either Coke or Pepsi, but the rewards program may make Coke a better value.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Harris Teeter currently has Peter Pan 16.3oz peanut butter at 3/$5.00 or 1.67 each. In addition, there is a .50 (1.00 doubled) coupon from the sunday circular. Although I am not sure of the dates of the circular I know it was within the last three weeks. The final price is .67 for the jar.
The sale on peanut butter should last through next Tuesday!